6.06.2007

Preemptive Nostalgia

Preemptive Nostalgia

Dude, I am going to miss this place. I know that we'll get to come visit, and that we're making tradeoffs that will overall bring our family greater happiness, but I woke up every morning and came home every day grateful to be in such a beautiful environment:

Where We Played

I also recently realized that all three of my kids are currently in the youngest class/grade at their schools, and that in Mali's and Iz's cases, they are actually the school's youngest students. Won't be the case after this week; new babies will be arriving in the Fall. Which means my kids are getting older and less baby-like. And I am sad about that.

Also glad, though, in Leelo's case at least. Even though I've been up since 4:30 due to his waking up at that point, coming into our room, and turning on the overhead lights. I am okay with the sleep disruption because he did so out of the need for us to change his poop pullup. In the past, the middle-of-the-night poop would have been a disaster. He was wearing pajama separates (he refuses to wear the turned-around footie jammies anymore) and usually would have woken us up not deliberately but via the overwhelming stench of his excavations as he decorated the wall and everything else in his room. I am happy to be living with an incrementally more mature Leelo.

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: